Fertility Matters & Advocacy For Fertility PatientsOct 09, 2022
Unfortunately, not everyone who needs fertility care, gets access to it! The infertility rates are climbing from country to country and this is a global issue. We need more education, awareness and initiatives to help meet the needs of many people who want to grow their family and need the extra medical support.
In today’s episode I interview Carolynn Dube, the executive director of Fertility Matters Canada, a fast growing charity to help raise awareness and funds for more equitable access to fertility care in Canada.
- Carolynn's infertility story
- Provincial coverage (or lack thereof)
- How Fertility Matters is raising awareness and how you could benefit from their resources
- Fertility Benefits Matters Campaign - how YOU can help include fertility treatment in employment benefits
- The need for a Federal fertility strategy
‼️ Join Team Naturally Nora to help raise funds for Fertility Matters 6k CLICK HERE
- Fertility Matters Canada Facebook Page
- Fertility Matters Website
- Instagram | @fertility_canada
- Template to fill out to request employer to include fertility treatments in their benefit plans
Carolynn joined Fertility Matters Canada as the Executive Director in February 2015. A vocal advocate for funding of publicly funded fertility treatments, she has three children conceived through ART. Carolynn believes in equal access and support for all those who need to build their families using alternative methods. She holds a BSc in Human Kinetics from St. Francis Xavier University and MSc in Exercise and Sport Science from the University of New Brunswick. Carolynn is a true believer in the importance of education, support and continued advocacy for the highly effective medical treatment of assisted reproductive technology (ART).
Please Note: The contents of this podcast are for educational and informational purposes only. The information is not to be interpreted as, or mistaken for, clinical advice. Please consult a medical professional or healthcare provider for medical advice, diagnoses, or treatment.
Download your eat to get pregnant guide
Optimize your fertility by learning how to eat for your menstrual cycle.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.